About the Cambridge Foundry
As Cambridge’s inclusive hub for creative exploration, The Foundry addresses the problems of financial and spacial inequities affecting artists and other makers by providing access to specialized space and equipment for hands-on creation. Offering maker spaces, multi-purpose rooms, a dance studio, art studio, performance space, and demonstration kitchen, The Foundry brings STEM and the Arts under one roof for the Cambridge community. The building is operated by The Foundry Consortium, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- First floor is wheelchair accessible. The main entrance and the entrance from the yard have automatic doors. All doors in the building do not automatically open.
- Elevator is available to access the second floor.
- There are 23 steps (17 and 6 continuous) from the first to the second floor. The steps are 7 inches high. There is only one space utilized on the second floor.
- All bathrooms on the first floor are gender-neutral. Two bathrooms are wheelchair accessible. Sinks in all first-floor bathrooms are 34 inches tall with a 12-inch reach to the faucet.
- Changing stations are available in first-floor accessible bathrooms.
- A private room is available for nursing or other private medical needs. This space can also be used as a low sensory location to escape from loud noise or strong smells. The Privacy Room is located next to the first-floor bathrooms.
- Water fountain is between the lockers and the privacy room.
- Service animals are welcomed in the space.
- Visitors can bring in their own food and beverages. Allergen information will be available with all cafe food, but we cannot guarantee an allergen-free space.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the building or within 25 feet of the building.
We believe in doing what we can to keep our most vulnerable community members safe. We follow local city and state regulations. Our staff is fully vaccinated and we encourage the use of masks indoors.
Transportation and Parking
The building is 0.4 miles away from the Kendall MIT stop where you can catch the MBTA red line and 64, 68, 85, CT2, 64, 68, and 85 buses.
The building is 0.5 miles away from the Lechmere stop where you can catch the MBTA green line and 69, 80, 87, and 88 buses.
The Foundry does not have a designated parking lot. Metered parking is available on Third, Fifth, and Rogers St.